Monthly Movies are Back!
In the “Spirit” of Halloween, this month’s movie will be “The Witches of Eastwick”, starring Susan Sarandon, Jack Nicholson, Cher, and Michelle Pfeiffer.
Thursday, October 27 at 1:00 PM
“Three single women in a picturesque village have their wishes granted, at a cost, when a mysterious and flamboyant man arrives in their lives.”
Rated R * Length: 1:28
Let’s “Weight” and See Weight Loss Challenge
Based on popular request we are starting an in-house weight loss challenge where the “Greatest Loser” will win the biggest prize. With the emphasis on Health and Wellness, let’s “Weight” and see the participants gain so much from losing.
To participate, there will be a discreet weekly weigh-in with encouragement and without pressure. We hope this format to be beneficial to everyone, yet be fun and motivating beyond just losing weight.
- Start Date: Every Thursday starting September 8 through December 15.
- Time: Weigh-in from 9:45-11:00 am
- Where: Athol Senior Center
- Fee: $1.00 per week, but at the end of the month the “Greatest Loser” will win a cash prize.
Starting January 5, 2023, this event will reconvene for a fresh start in the New Year!
LifePath’s Healthy Living Workshop, Falls Prevention: A Matter of Balance
Matter of Balance acknowledges the risk of falling but emphasizes practical coping strategies to reduce this fear. These strategies include promoting a view of falls and fear of falling as controllable, setting realistic goals for increasing activity, changing the environment to reduce fall risk factors, changing habits that are risky for falls, and promoting exercise to increase strength and balance.
The workshop is conducted over eight sessions, meeting weekly for two hours per session. Each session has a short break when snacks are provided, are led by trained leaders, and explore the following topics:
- The importance of staying active
- The realities of falls
- Assertiveness and its link to fall prevention
- Attitudes and core beliefs about falling
- Replacing fears and concerns with constructive ideas
- Legitimate fears and concerns about falling and misconceptions about falling
- Benefits of exercising
- Types of exercises that are especially helpful to prevent falls
- Risk factors for falling
- Personalized exercise plan
- Habits that contribute to falls
- Home Safety Checklist
- Problem Solving Solutions
A Matter of Balance – Eight Week Session
- Where: Athol Senior Center, 82 Freedom Street, Athol
- Dates: Wednesdays, Sept 21, Sept 28, Oct 12, Oct 19, Oct 26, Nov 2, Nov 9, Nov 16
- Time: 1 to 3 pm
- Fee: NONE
LifePath’s Healthy Living workshops are for people with one or more chronic health conditions who want to gain confidence to become more active managers of their health.
For more information or to register, please call Athol Senior Center at 978-249-8986
Senior Dining at Lynn’s Luncheonette
Enjoy a nutritious and tasty lunch in the company of others. Lifepath, Inc, of Greenfield provides a congregate lunch on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at Athol Senior Center for those 60 and older and/or disabled. Wednesdays feature Lynn’s popular surprise “Mystery Dessert”!
To reserve, please sign up by 9:00 AM the day before the Tuesday or Wednesday you wish to dine by calling the Senior Center at 978-249-8986.
Lunch is served at noon and a $3 donation is welcome.
Foot Screening – October 25, 2022
Please call for an appointment
Blood Pressure Clinic – Wednesdays, 10:30 – 11:30
Please call for an appointment
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:00 at AM
Thursdays at 10:30 AM
1:00 to 3:00
9:00 to 12:00
Tuesdays (NEW day)
12:00 to 2:00
12:30 to 3:00 PM
Watch for Details!
Bingo – Projected Date – watch for updates
North Quabbin Memory Cafe – tentatively starting in November. Watch for details